Megaflow DD170

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone may be able to help me with a lack of hot water from my direct Megaflow.

For some reason we are not getting any hot water from the economy 7. When we turn on the back up immersion heater (which I understand is the top immersion), the water heats up so much that it all pours out of the discharge pipe, and we get left with no hot water at the taps. We have to time it at about 30 mins, and the water heats without chucking it all out.

It seems to me that the lower immersion is not heating at all & the top immersion is not cutting out at set temperature.

Does anyone know if it could just be the thermostats on both immersions, or it is more likely to be the immersions themselves ?

Greatfull for any advice on this.

Thanks

Dom

Sponsored Links
with something like this it's best to get in a plumber, make sure though he has an unvented card, the over heat stat should stop the discharge from the safety so it may be caput, you need this looked at asap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back