Megaflow only heating on boost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Megaflow DD145 in my 1 bed flat which only heats when I use the boost function, doesn't heat on the usual economy 7 over night immersion.

Does anyone know what the most common fault would be thats caused this. Its about 4yrs old now. I have thought it likely to be the main immersion heater as I believe it has 2 separate immersions, one lower and one upper, but I know nothing about boilers.

If it is likely to be the immersion, is this easy to replace by myself? I'm quite mechanically minded but never touched boilers before. The lower immersion seems to retail at around £60 inc VAT.

Any help appreciated

Clive

Sponsored Links
Check for a little red button in the lower immersion. If it is sticking out then it has overheated and needs pressing back in. If it keeps doing this then it needs replacing.

You also need to check for 230V at the immersion terminals when power is present to eliminate the timer.

Check for a little red button in the lower immersion. If it is sticking out then it has overheated and needs pressing back in. If it keeps doing this then it needs replacing.

You also need to check for 230V at the immersion terminals when power is present to eliminate the timer.

good advice from g4y. If you buy the new immerision element make sure it comes with the special key to remove it. Obviously a full drain down of the cylinder is required....

Sponsored Links
Before changing the element it should be electrically checked to confirm that its really failed.

If its the wiring or the thermostst failed then its an expensive and hard work if the element is really OK.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back