Mercedes Sprinter Smoking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mercedes Sprinter 2.2cdi 120000 miles engine smoking.

Was running perfectly then suddenly started smoking heavily when idling for a short while (few seconds). If you then press the accelerator pedal large clouds of smoke poor from the exhaust.

The smoke is whitish to very light blue and smells of unburnt fuel.

Van has been in 2 local garages where one said it was an injector fault. They were not interested in replacing an injector on this engine as they are often to much trouble.

The second one said they found it was down on compression on cylinder 2 by 15%. but to be honest I cant see how they tested it nothing seems to have removed to allow a compression test, they did say it had been on the computer.

The van does seem a little slower than it was previously but I could be imagining that.

Does not seem to be using any oil or water.
No oil in water or water in oil.

We were expecting to see black death around the injectors but, as you can see in the photo's they are clean.
We did find oily deposits covering the back of the engine, what is likely to be the cause of that. I cant see any obvious oil ways there.

Am I right in thinking injector 2 is the second one from the front of the engine.
There are larger photo's here http://cambridgesolar.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=294&sid=2f66ddf16df5628aecec213c2467e9e7

Sponsored Links
i know **** all about diesels but i would be degreasing all that ****e off the engine and then seeing where its leaking from. obviously something is leaking and can't be helping matters.

Sponsored Links
Back