Messed up laying membrane?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I laid new membrane in windy conditions.

For the most part the membrane was laid well, with the required sag

However in a couple of areas, the membrane lifts up a little (pic 1 and 2), is a little tight in areas (pic 1), which allows a little water to pool a bit (please see pics). Eventually, if there is enough water, the water will drain down in these areas

Is it imperative to redo these areas? If so, do the battens need to come up?

This was a patch job and I plan or re-roofing my entire roof within the next near. Could I just get away with laying new tiles in these areas until the re-roof?

Attachments

• Membrane 1.png
    Membrane 1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • Membrane 2.png
    Membrane 2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
Imagine that you are a drop of water sneaking in behind the tiles. Are you going to get through the membrane?

Imagine that you are a drop of water sneaking in behind the tiles. Are you going to get through the membrane?
Presuming that the answer is 'no' and this needs rectifying, what is the easiest way to sort this out?

Also, out of curiosity, do said tiny drops of water that don't drain to the eaves/gutter just sit on the membrane to evaporate later or do they soak through the membrane like a sieve?

Sponsored Links
I would re do that.

Do it once (in your case twice) and do it correctly.

Yes, it's not my finest work.

What's the easiest way to rectify this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back