Metal doorstep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mother has a ribbed metal sheet covering the top and front of her front door step (in an L shape). I wanted something similar for the back door step which is rotting away and assumed it was an item which could be bought but I can't find any such thing. I am now thinking it is just sheet metal shaped and nailed to the doorstep but again do not know where to buy such a thing, Any ideas ? I am in SW London.

Sponsored Links
I once had a beauty made up by George King's in Tooting. I've been told, though, they they're mysteriously unavailable on the phone at present. They used to be on the railway bridge going from Tooting towards Collier's Wood on the A24/Blackshaw Road junction.

The ones I have seen on old houses are usually copper (not brass) which is soft and fairly easy to mould to shape. Use a large piece of wood or roller to press it down, not a hammer.

Brass plates are usually flat or square-edged.

Look for Sheet Metal Suppliers/workers in your yellow pages. A fabrication company will have bending, rolling and folding machines but will need a dimensioned cross-section diagram or sample of doorstep.

there is company I have had door finger plates and kick plates from, they usually do brass or stainless but can make to order "metaloffcuts" on Ebay. they are in Liverpool.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brass-Door-St...ash=item19b5bdc156&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back