Metal strip to protect the bottom of a uPVC door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a house and on the bottom of the uPVC door frame, where people have been standing on it, the plastic has split. I've used a plastic glue to strengthen it and hold it in place but a few weeks ago I was away at a lodge place that had uPVC doors and on the frame was a strip that basically ensured the frame didn't get damaged as people stepped on it.
I have looked everywhere to try and get one of these strips but not seen one anywhere, does anyone have any ideas or know where I can get one?
I know the perfect solution is to stop people standing on it but you can't be there when everyone walks through the door as we have had workmen in and out.

Sponsored Links
They are specific to the profile manufacturer and supplied by them when the door was ordered and fitted.

One option is to take some measurements and pop to your local steel stockholders and get them to cut and bend you some brushed ali or stainless.

Thanks for that
Yeah that was the other option I was thinking of, just need to find a place that'll do it for me now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back