Method to activate Service Mode for Miele Washer & Dryer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Washer W Classic M Nr 09 985 910
Dryer T8823C M Nr 07 847 190
I would greatly appreciate advice on how to activate the service mode for the above machines.

Sponsored Links
I don't know the answer but I thought that the service mode could only be accessed on the newer ones by using a laptop with a suitable interface.

OK thanks oops, interesting to know. I am not sure of the age of these respective machines. I hope they predate what you mentioned. That would be a clever move by Miele?
John Deere engaged in a practice that effectively prevented the operators (farmers) from doing their own maintenance/repairs. Consequently, the farmers took JD to court & won,

My last Meile developed a fault after about 18 months- 6 months outside of the warranty. I argued my case about it not having been of merchantable quality- long story short- they sent an engineer out who was able to, with the aid of his laptop, confirm how long the machine had been in use.

When my mum replaced hers, the engineer used his laptop to set the machine to wash as quickly as possible, rather than as economically as possible.

Apropos the John Deere case, they didn't give end users access to the software, they agreed to let third party repairers have limited access subject to contracts that prevent those independants from releasing trade secrets or from tinkering with emissions related settings.

It is a step in the right direction though.

The right to repair legislation is still very scant/patchy.

Sponsored Links
I don't know the answer but I thought that the service mode could only be accessed on the newer ones by using a laptop with a suitable interface.
oops! Sorry opps I didn’t mean to misspell your ID. A case of analogue digits on digital devices.
My last Meile developed a fault after about 18 months- 6 months outside of the warranty. I argued my case about it not having been of merchantable quality- long story short- they sent an engineer out who was able to, with the aid of his laptop, confirm how long the machine had been in use.

When my mum replaced hers, the engineer used his laptop to set the machine to wash as quickly as possible, rather than as economically as possible.

Apropos the John Deere case, they didn't give end users access to the software, they agreed to let third party repairers have limited access subject to contracts that prevent those independants from releasing trade secrets or from tinkering with emissions related settings.

It is a step in the right direction though.

The right to repair legislation is still very scant/patchy.
OK, I thought the matter was resolved in court, perhaps not. I recall a media report re the Aussie farmers having a win etc etc. Intrigues me how some major companies seemed to be prepared to forego their intellectual property when entering the Chinese market. I wonder if getting a stake in that market is worth far more than the value of intellectual property.

Thanks jj, I had a look definitely worth a try. Just need some line dancing music to accompany the sequence!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back