Miele washer/dryer compatability with water softener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our 2012 Miele washer dryer has been plagued by a white powder residue building up on the surface of the dryer ducting, heater and fan housing. Miele have visited the machine three times this year and replaced all the parts. The washing contamination problem is now coming back again. With usual causes eliminated, I am starting to think the issue may be caused by the water softener. I know there are water softener issues with Worcester Bosch heat exchangers when used with softened water.
As I have said on this forum before, we have seen more washing machine engineers this year than I have in my entire life.
Do any experts among you think that using softened water be causing corrosion in the alloy dryer ducting/components? Someone somewhere must be having the same problems as me.
Miele Engineers tell me this is not the cause.
Thank you for any comments, much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back