Micro-bore and Condensing combi boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to use a Condensing combi boiler with micro-bore fed radiators? At the moment I have a regualr gas fired boiler but its massive and noisy and inefficient and I want to change it but I have micro-bore pipes to my rads.

Also, is permanently removing rads a DIY possibility or should I get a professional in? I'm taking down a stud partition wall permanently and at the moment there is a rad on the wall to be removed.

While I'm at it, one more question: I would eventually like to replace my panel radiators with some of those original cast iron style look-a-likes (old fashioned "school" radiators) but will the micro bore make this impossible??

Sorry for all the questions. My only excuse is that I'm a girl and am not really supposed to know about these things ;)

cheers

Sponsored Links
There is usually no problem using a condensing boiler on a microbore system providing it is properly cleaned first.

In theory there should be no problem either using the large cast iron rads. However check the heat outputs very carefully otherwise you will be feeling cold!

Many DIYers remove rads themselves.

Your heating system probably knows nothing about sex. If it helps I always imagine that boilers are female because they are so temperamental !

Tony

You mean they're sizzlin hot until you go near them, then they sigh and turn themselves off, eh Tony?

Thanks for the advice, Tony. And I like the analogy re boilers and women. I'd like to say you've both got it wrong with the similarities between us but you know, you're kind of right ;)

Sponsored Links
No Chris, and on further thought its not such a good analogy.

Boilers are very cold when I first meet them and I always get them hot again after a very short time.

Most women that I meet are cold at first and stay cold in spite of all my attentions!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back