Microgenus CH low low temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Microgenus. This boiler and heating system was installed just over a year ago and worked fine for some time. Through the summer the central heating was left on to heat a towel rail in the bathroom, which is right next to the boiler. The CH temp would light up 3 or 4 yellow leds indicating the temperature of 60* -70* . About 6 weeks ago the boiler started to cut out as soon as the first led was lit, 40* and wouldn’t cut back in until the led had gone out and the temp was reduced. This resulted in luke warm CH. After following the flow charts in the service instructions I thought the CH temperature probe was at fault. This was replaced but the fault remained the same. ( If the connection for the probe is connected to the spare probe {Not installed in the boiler} and the boiler is turned on, the boiler fires up and stays on, lighting all the leds, cutting out on overtemp. )
Now all the rads are on, the temp still only goes to 40*
After reading previous posts from people on this subject I have drained and flushed the system, checked all air is purged and the flow is ok. But no change. The flow and return pipes are 22mm and I can see about 8 feet of them. When the boiler fires the heat can be felt travelling along the flow pipe fairly quickly but as soon as the temp reaches 40* the boiler cuts out and the pipe cools fairly quickly.
The DHW is working OK. Anybody got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
PCB, although that is a guess. Unfortunatley theres not alot else it can be if you have changed the thermistors.

let us know how it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back