Micromat 31/36 Boiler and SMART Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just posted this against an old thread but not sure it would get picked up
New
We moved into a house last year with a heating system none of our local plumbers seem to have heard of (we are Scotland) we have a Micromat EC 31/36 Boiler, a SMART hot water cylinder, and Honeywell CM67 programmable Thermomstats, one for upstairs and one for down stairs. All supplied and fitted by ECO Hometec. The whole system has been the only thing that has caused us any problems since we moved into the house, it doesn't help that most of the instructions manuals are in german. We also have honeywell pipe thermostats fitted to pipes supplying what I thought was heat to the underfloor system both upstairs and down stairs, although I think this may be the hot water supply now (it could do both). Our current issue is as follows, my husband put a pair of trainers on top of the hot water tank to dry a couple of weeks ago not realising there was a thermostat there which he must have moved to MAX and we had our hot water supply on 24/7 for about 10 days until I managed to get help via email from a wonderful firm in England (MGH). He advised me to move the thermostat from MAX down to between 3 and 4. However we have our boiler set at 60Deg for water, can someone tell me if between 3 and 4 on the cylinder thermostat is the right setting as the water does not seem to come on at the allocated time now as set on the Honeywell Thermostat. Also can someone advise me what I should have the pipe thermostats set to also. The underfloor heating upstairs (when we have it on at the thermostat) either seems to be on all the time or not at all. Sorry if that was a long way for a short cut to get to the question.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/l641b1012-pipe-thermostat.442264/#ixzz4Gix41EGu

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks just tried that and there is no temp showing when you press the reset button 3 times. However if you go into the menu it shows DHW temp 60Deg (is that coming from the cylinder). Should I have the boiler controlling the temp ?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Trish

No the 60c will just be a default setting, you would need a temp showing when you pressed the reset button to know a sensor was connected between the boiler and cylinder, I would guess you have zone valve/s controlling the heating/ hot water so leave the cylinder stat on 3 and see hot the domestic hot water gets, make sure the boiler is set to at least 70c flow temp.

can you post a couple of pics (of the cylinder plumbing)?:p

Just turned Cylinder to 3 and hot water has come on . Now showing all of the following
20160808_103603.jpg
20160808_103635.jpg
20160808_103724.jpg
20160808_103736.jpg

The T5 dhw 0c means no sensor is connected so its probably just controlled by a 2 port valve and cylinder stat, leave the stat on 3 and see if the hot water is hot enough for you, it should really be set at 60c to kill any bacteria (legionnaires ect).

Hi thanks for all your help Im starting to understand the system a bit more now. Just one other thing if I can ask. The pipe senors we have

attached to the pipes ( which I assumed was for underfloor heating) first photo is the downstairs system 2nd of the upstairs system, what should these be set to.
Thanks
Trish

attached
20160808_114354.jpg
20160808_114429.jpg
20160808_114429.jpg

Cant tell without knowing if the ufh is controlled by actuators or zone valves or run off the radiators, the pipe stats can be used to hold off the ufh pump until heat is available but can also be used as overheat protection.

New
We moved into a house last year with a heating system none of our local plumbers seem to have heard of (we are Scotland) we have a Micromat EC 31/36 Boiler, a SMART hot water cylinder, and Honeywell CM67 programmable Thermomstats, one for upstairs and one for down stairs. All supplied and fitted by ECO Hometec. The whole system has been the only thing that has caused us any problems since we moved into the house, it doesn't help that most of the instructions manuals are in german. We also have honeywell pipe thermostats fitted to pipes supplying what I thought was heat to the underfloor system both upstairs and down stairs, although I think this may be the hot water supply now (it could do both). Our current issue is as follows, my husband put a pair of trainers on top of the hot water tank to dry a couple of weeks ago not realising there was a thermostat there which he must have moved to MAX and we had our hot water supply on 24/7 for about 10 days until I managed to get help via email from a wonderful firm in England (MGH). He advised me to move the thermostat from MAX down to between 3 and 4. However we have our boiler set at 60Deg for water, can someone tell me if between 3 and 4 on the cylinder thermostat is the right setting as the water does not seem to come on at the allocated time now as set on the Honeywell Thermostat. Also can someone advise me what I should have the pipe thermostats set to also. The underfloor heating upstairs (when we have it on at the thermostat) either seems to be on all the time or not at all. Sorry if that was a long way for a short cut to get to the question.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/l641b1012-pipe-thermostat.442264/#ixzz4Gix41EGu

New

Hello my name is Wayne and I used to be an engineer for the firm that supplied your system, if you still have any queries yo can ring me on 07432139764, Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back