Miele T8423C dryer fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, I cam across it during my google search for answers and have managed to get some useful information. I'm hoping someone may be able to help me more specifically with my problem :)

My Miele T8423C dryer has stopped blowing hot air. It still spins however the air is cold, so in effect it isn't working.
My daughter had an overnight accident that I realised when getting her up in the morning before work. Normally I wash her sheets, put it on an extra spin to get the excess water out (I think her mattress protector has a tendency to hold more water) and then pop it in the dryer. I didn't have time for the extra spin before leaving, so put the sheets in quite wet. When I came home, the condenser was full so I emptied it and put it back on, and that's when I noticed the problem.

From the site, I worked out how to get the error codes. It shows -
F2
U0
=0
H1151

I assume F2 is the error code I need to concentrate on as I've only been able to find reference to "F" error codes. From what I can see it has something to do with the water/heating NTC or leads open circuited.

I would like to get my husband to attempt to fix it so I'm hoping someone could tell me what exactly he would need to do to rectify the problem? What I've read says to check the temperature sensor but I'm not exactly sure if this is correct let alone where it is located, how hard it is to get to etc

Please help me, I hate to think I've ruined my dryer after only 3 years, I've come to rely on it during wet weather with all my girls clothes! :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back