Miele WS 5425 2 phase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased a Miele WS 5425, on collection it turns out that it is a 2 phase machine. My question is :-
a). Can I use a 3 phase to single phase inverter to run the machine, if so what is the motor power rating (it's not mentioned in the manual), so not sure what inverter I would need.
b). Could I just buy a single phase (240v) main motor from spares and simply change the motor.
c). Can this Ytube technique to run a three phase motor on single phase, apply to a washing machine ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UcDM3hm0XM

I have just learned from some other forums that some of these machines can be duel two phase/single phase. Not sure about mine.

It’s a magic machine, sso don’t want to give up on it unless I really have to.
Pippa J

Sponsored Links
According to the installation instructions it can utilise single or 2 phase supplies. However it would need to be on an independent supply from the consumer unit due to the current drawn you cannot just plug it into a socket. I presume you only have a single phase supply. It may well be that having a supply for the washer installed may cost more than a new washer. You really need to consult an electrician on site.

As well as the wiring there will be the need to set one of the programming options for "single phase water heating" also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back