Minor forum question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just wondering why, when looking through todays posts, some topics have a
icon_newest_reply.gif
icon preceding them.

Another minor point. I tried to post this question in the "Forum Information" as in it's description it says "This is where you can ask your questions regarding the site, forum, etc." But I get the message "Sorry but only administrators can post topics in this forum". So apparently you can only ask questions about the forum if you're an administrator? Shouldn't they be the ones posting the answers :)

Sponsored Links
I think that icon means you have posted in that thread before, and someone has posted since you. So there are new posts to read in there.

I was disappointed, I thought you were going to request that we have a coal-mining forum on here. Key contributor Fred Dibnah, for building a pit head and a mine in his back garden :LOL:

Aw come on have a laugh lads :-

Young Aussie lad moved to London and went to Harrods looking for a job.
The manager asked "Do you have any sales experience?" The young man answered "Yeah, I was a salesman back home.
The manager liked the Aussie so he gave him the job.
His first day on the job was challenging and busy, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the manager came down and asked "OK, so how many sales did you make today?"
The Aussie said "One."
The manager groaned and continued "Just one ? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for ?"
"£101,237.64." Came the reply.
The manager choked and exclaimed "£101,237.64? What the hell did you sell the customer ?"
"Well, first I sold him a small fish hook, then a medium fish hook, and then, I sold him a new fishing rod, then I asked him where he was going fishing, and he said down at the coast, so I told him he would need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him that twin-engined Power Cat. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to car sales and I sold him the 4 x 4 Suzuki".
The manager, incredulous, said "You mean to tell me .... a guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and 4x4?"
"No no no ...... he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his wife and I said .........' Well, since your weekend's ruined, you might as well go fishing.'

P

AdamW said:
I think that icon means you have posted in that thread before, and someone has posted since you. So there are new posts to read in there.
No, it's not that, I've just logged in and there are loads of them now! Perhaps its threads that have had posts since my last login?

AdamW said:
I was disappointed, I thought you were going to request that we have a coal-mining forum on here. Key contributor Fred Dibnah, for building a pit head and a mine in his back garden
Wasn't that be great. I've been dying to dig a well ever since, just to prove the technique. Shame he's dead now, (cancer I believe.)

Nice one Pipeme. Absolutely typical ausie sense of humour. Incidentaly, have you got idea why Rolf Harris wanted his kangaroo tied down. What the heck was he going to do with it once it was immobilised. All sounds a bit kinky to me, perhaps I should listen to the rest of the words sometime.

Sponsored Links
TexMex said:
Shame he's dead now, (cancer I believe.)

Rumours of his death have been greatly exaggerated ;) He does have cancer, but I can find no mention of his death on the net.

His website shows that he is on the road in September even!

Incidentaly, have you got idea why Rolf Harris wanted his kangaroo tied down

I was going to say "Perhaps he is from New South Wales", but some checking on the net reveals he is from Perth in Western Australia. :LOL:

AdamW said:
Rumours of his death have been greatly exaggerated ;)
I'm delighted to be proved wrong on this one. That's the wifes fault! I was watching one of his programmes the other day when she told me. Unusual for her to get something like this wrong. As you say, she must have heard a "greatly exaggerated report" :)

BTW. Do you know the origins of Waltsing Matilda. A "matilda" is a sleeping bag. The act of "Waltsing" it, is to use it, while rolled up, in a manner, similar to some inflatable dolls! Apparently a technique mastered by lonely swagmen :)

TexMex said:
BTW. Do you know the origins of Waltsing Matilda. A "matilda" is a sleeping bag. The act of "Waltsing" it, is to use it, while rolled up, in a manner, similar to some inflatable dolls! Apparently a technique mastered by lonely swagmen :)

Some people will sleep with any old bag ;)

Wouldn't they get cold though? I have actually been sleeping in a sleeping bag since Thursday (visiting various folk) but not once have I been tempted to waltz it in the fashion to which you describe. Perhaps I should have bought a more attractive model...

fred a right caricter
with his "contrivences"

as for the pit head in his back garden im shure if he went for a
heritage lottery grant he could have built it as a heretage museum
and bypass the overcatious officials

a man that weakens a thousand ton chimnies then puts in pit propps
then sets light to them has got to be deranged or very clever

or a mixture of both

just think its so funny running likefffffffuuuuuuuccccckkkkkk
with a chimney falling in your direction blowing a bulbouse turn of
the last century car horn saying thats a bit close then
and not even breaking into a swet :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TexMex said:
Incidentaly, have you got idea why Rolf Harris wanted his kangaroo tied down. What the heck was he going to do with it once it was immobilised. All sounds a bit kinky to me, perhaps I should listen to the rest of the words sometime.

OK, bit p1ssed and bored tonight, with nothing better to do, so:

Click me:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/simon01476/kangaroo.mp3

[Spoken:]
There's an old Australian stockman, lying, dying,
and he gets himself up on one elbow,
and he turns to his mates,
who are gathered 'round him and he says:

Watch me wallabys feed mate.
Watch me wallabys feed.
They're a dangerous breed mate.
So watch me wallabys feed.
Altogether now!

Tie me kangaroo down sport,
tie me kangaroo down.
Tie me kangaroo down sport,
tie me kangaroo down.

Keep me cockatoo cool, Curl,
keep me cockatoo cool.
Don't go acting the fool, Curl,
just keep me cockatoo cool.
Altogether now!

Take me koala back, Jack,
take me koala back.
He lives somewhere out on the track, Mac,
so take me koala back.
Altogether now!

Let me Abos go loose, Lou, *
let me Abos go loose.
They're of no further use, Lou,
so let me Abos go loose.
Altogether now!

Mind me platypus duck, Bill,
mind me platypus duck.
Don't let him go running amok, Bill,
mind me platypus duck.
Altogether now!

Play your digeridoo, Blue,
play your digeridoo.
Keep playing 'til I shoot thro' Blue,
play your digerydoo.
Altogether now!

Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred,
tan me hide when I'm dead.
So we tanned his hide when he died Clyde,
(Spoken) And that's it hanging on the shed.
Altogether now!

Had no idea about old fred and C .... I saw his very first tv appearance yonks ago, a great, entertaining character .... When he 'laddered' a chimney then strolls nonchalontly about on scaffolding which must be held by 'sky-hooks' ... hair raising !! One 'trip' and good night Irene !!
Latest I could find on net
Fred-dee
P

Sponsored Links
Back