minor leak in mains pressure central heating circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a minor leak in mains pressure central heating circuit.

A new bathroom was installed and I think the leak is under the floor.

It would be a disaster to have to lift the floor. Currently I re-pressurise about once a fortnight.

Is there something I can introduce into the circuit to stopper a small leak ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not really, you could try a chemical leak sealer but they can do more harm than good. If a new floor has been laid, is there a possibility that a nail or screw has been put through a pipe? If so then there should be some recourse to the installer. Ultimately, it's going to need to be either floor up or, if it's on a first floor, ceiling down

re-pressurise the system. shut off the flow and return under the boiler, leave for 24 hrs, turn back on see what happens. if the pressure has dropped before you turn back on then the leak is on the boiler, if it drops when you open the valves the leak is on the system.

That will give you a clue where to start looking. (unless the boiler iso valves are duff) great fun this plumbing lark.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back