Mira 10.8 cable fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm installing a 10.8 Mira shower, have everything in place, plumber coming to connect up the water etc. However, the 10mm cable is coming in from the top of the shower, then has to bend back up on itself to go up to the mounting block. It ends up with a very tight bend in the cable, and there's not a lot of room for manoeuvre anyway - is that safe, or would I be better using a short run of 6mm to a junction box in the loft, and take the 10mm run from there?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
tight bends shouldn't be a problem as long as the cables are well secured in the terminals

It is however worth stripping enough of the outer jacket to allow the cores to be bent up separately, and pre form them to the right S shape, don't try to make the terminals pull-in against a springy cable, they should be quite relaxed.
The terminals are quite weak on some Mira showers, and there is a risk of tail wagging the dog - the cable is fine, its the stress on the connection screws that can be the problem, and while 6mm is softer than 10, the observation still applies.

Sponsored Links
Gavin0268 said:
Hi
I'm installing a 10.8 Mira shower, have everything in place, plumber coming to connect up the water etc. However, the 10mm cable is coming in from the top of the shower, then has to bend back up on itself to go up to the mounting block.
Sounds like you've got the cable going into the shower at the wrong place or in the wrong direction. Why didn't you have it entering the back of the shower at a comfortable angle?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back