mira (Leisure?) 723 thermostatic shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, just a quickie....

Just been looking at a friend's shower which has very poor flow and temperature control. The marking on the front of the dial says "Leisure Thermostatic 723".

I've googled this but can't find any reference to it. It looks about 15 to 20 years old and I suspect it's the Mira 723 thermostatic going by a different name.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
Matt

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's Leisure? The 723 was originally made by Leonard who were taken over by Mira.

I too visited the annals of Mira, Swidders, before putting up my original post, so I was aware of the Leonard link, but it definitely says "Leisure".

Sponsored Links
Is there any way you could remove part of the casing or fittings to see if there's a manufacturer's stamp on it?

Is there any way you could remove part of the casing or fittings to see if there's a manufacturer's stamp on it?

Yes, I'll do that next time I'm round there, and take a photo as well.

The Leonard 723 - what a name ......

I can just picture myself installing one now: I open the box, take out the mixer valve, hose, and shower head, and then sit back with a satisfied smile when I find the complimentary packet of Old Virginia sellotaped to the riser rail.

Yes, I'll do that next time I'm round there, and take a photo as well.

The Leonard 723 - what a name ......

I can just picture myself installing one now: I open the box, take out the mixer valve, hose, and shower head, and then sit back with a satisfied smile when I find the complimentary packet of Old Virginia sellotaped to the riser rail.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Swidders and SWB: if you're still watching, here's the reply I got today from Mira....

Thank you for your recent email. The shower that you are servicing is most likely a Mira 723 that was used by a company called Leisure. However they also had a ' 723R ' which was a recessed valve and had different internal components.

If it is a Mira 723 then the service pack part number 936.59 would be compatible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back