Mira Mode Digital Bath Fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the Mira Mode Digital Bath filler, Mira say you need a pumped version for a gravity fed system and and non pumped version for a high pressure (combi boiler) system.

I can't understand why I would need a pumped version for a gravity fed system though? for the shower yes maybe to get flow rate and pressure.. but to fill a bath ? Currently the bath fills perfectly well from a normal mixer tap. All the Mira Mode does is replace the mixer tap with a digital mixer valve. So why would it need to be pumped ?

I did try called their customer support, but they said they only have a certain amount of technical training. Apparantly I need the pumped version for a gravity fed system, as the non pumped version would leak. Why would it leak !?

I can only assume the digital valve opens electrically, and then requires a certain amount of pressure to close the valves again. low pressure = valve not fully forced shut and leaks. So the pump is required for no reason, other than the valves won't shut by themselves under low pressure. Which seems a bit daft.

If anybody has any theories on this let me know.

Sponsored Links
The non pumped version requires 0.5bar continuous to work properly, yes it will be to do with the internal valves and the way the mixer operates and it'll need at least that to flow through the processor properly.

The pumped version increases the output to the shower or bath outlet significantly.

The bath will fill fine just now as it probably has large pipes supplying it and relatively large waterways in the tap, so the flow is ok.
If you ever seen inside a Digital Processor, you'll see the opposite.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back