Digital shower query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm refurbing my bathroom and would like to install a digital shower, but I'm not sure if my plumbing is suitable as it currently stands. It's a gravity fed, vented system with the expected high cold water pressure and low hot water pressure. I watched a professional plumber install a Mira digital shower on Youtube, during which he stated that you can't have high pressure cold water running into the mixer/controller unit. Is that really the case? I thought the point of digital showers was that they can take the grief out of having mixed pressures? Any help much appreciated.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
You can only have one or the other with digital processors.

A pumped processor needs to be gravity fed at both inlets, it cannot accept mains pressure.
The other type is just the processor and only suitable for mains/unvented/combi fed as it doesn't have a pump. If you send mains pressure cold to a pumped unit you will damage it.

Sponsored Links
Cheers. I have a sneaky suspicion my cold water to the shower may be coming direct from the mains rather than the cold water storage tank. I'll check that tomorrow. If I decide to stick with a mixer are there specific types that can cope with high cold water pressure and low hot water pressure?

If you're refurbing the bathroom then is there no scope to run a new cold feed from the CWSC?

It's just your luck with normal mixers, some can be ok others have problems, with unbalanced supplies.

If you look for one designed for low pressure - <0.5bar. They'll offer the best chance to work ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back