Mira Shower fed from Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Pls can you help, when I start our shower it is no longer giving out hot water , I have noticed the light on the boiler that indicates it is heating the water also doesnt come on however it does when I run the taps in the house..

I have turned the boiler off and then reset it and it then fires up when the shower is running..

what is the likely problem here , the boiler is a baxi 28HE Platinum

cheers

Stephen

Sponsored Links
a complex one to diagnose Stephen but I suspect your shower mixing valve is faulty, try and identify the cold water inlet supply to your boiler and turn it off then go to a hot water tap and open it if it lets any water out then you have a faulty mixer could be a shower or a tap if you have a temp mixer on a tap

Had this on a Platinum a couple of weeks ago, replaced the RH hydroblock and hall effect sensor and all was well again

Sponsored Links
a complex one to diagnose Stephen but I suspect your shower mixing valve is faulty, try and identify the cold water inlet supply to your boiler and turn it off then go to a hot water tap and open it if it lets any water out then you have a faulty mixer could be a shower or a tap if you have a temp mixer on a tap

Hi ,

I resolved this by cleaning the shower head and hose and all seems to be OK.. maybe 1 of the above is on the way out , I will try your advice to see what happens.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back