Mira Sport - Low flow when hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I've had a search around this and other forums but couldn't find a fix.

My Mira Sport electric shower doesn't have the usual hot to cold fluctuation problems. I do however suffer with only low pressure when on the hot setting. The pressure settings don't make a difference when it's on fully hot and it's only when it's set more to cold than hot that I can get a decent pressure. It's a really good pressure when it's set to pure cold water.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I do however suffer with only low pressure when on the hot setting.
Low pressure or low flow ?
Is the low flow neon coming on ?

The pressure settings don't make a difference when it's on fully hot and it's only when it's set more to cold than hot that I can get a decent pressure. It's a really good pressure when it's set to pure cold water.

What pressure settings ? you talking about heat setting low-med-high ?

The flow will be greater when the bottom dial is on fully cold.
on fully hot the flow will be nearer a trickle.

Thats what the bottom dial does it controls the flow of water through the shower.
The top dial controls how many heating elements are working ie none-1-2.

Low pressure or low flow ?
Is the low flow neon coming on ?

Low flow and no the light doesn't come on.

The flow settings go from low>med>high. The heating goes from blue>red.

The flow will be greater when the bottom dial is on fully cold.
on fully hot the flow will be nearer a trickle.

Thats what the bottom dial does it controls the flow of water through the shower.
The top dial controls how many heating elements are working ie none-1-2.

The flow is crap when it's between fully cold and fully hot though. The only way to get a decent shower from it is to turn the setting on the head to its narrow stream.

The flow settings go from low>med>high. The heating goes from blue>red.

No they don't low-med-high controls the elements.
Low will only produce cold water where ever the bottom flow switch is set.
Med is used in the summer months
High is used in the winter months.

The bottom dial is connected to the flow valve which controls the flow of water through the shower, the slower the flow the hotter it is.

The flow is crap when it's between fully cold and fully hot though. The only way to get a decent shower from it is to turn the setting on the head to its narrow stream.

So your saying you have to turn the bottom dial to nigh on a poor flow so it's warm enough to shower under ?

What setting are you using on the top dial ?

Sponsored Links
Right ok, I've miss understood what the top dial does. The shower was just there when we moved in so had no instructions.

I feel as if the flow could be improved though. Is there a way to do this?

You won't improve an electric shower they only use approx 5 l/min water flow compared to a mixer shower.
Also depends what kw your shower is 7.5 up to 10.5kw which will give you a greater flow than a 7.5kw

This time of yr you need the top dial set to high
and the bottom dial to your temp you require and you should get a reasonable shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back