Mira Sport max 10.8 KW running cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The shower was working fine, but the flow valve assembly was leaking. I replaced the flow valve assembly, and the leak of fixed, and the shower comes on, but only runs cold, and when you press the high button, the high button light goes off instead of staying on like usual. Any ideas what could of went wrong? What I could test and try to fix it? Any help would be great. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I'll have to check it. What resistance should I get. The shower itself was working fine. It was just the the flow switch assembly that was leaking. I had to take the whole thing apart and disconnect the wires to replace the flow valve assembly. Is it possible I have some how damaged the thermal switch in the process?

I Used a hair dryer on the electric shower after, just in case there was any small drops of water on the PCB, or electrical connections. Could this of tripped or damaged the thermal cut out switch? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Who knows? With power off obviously, it should read as a closed circuit continuity with a multimeter. If not it's knackered.

May have to disconnect one side of the thermal switch to be sure of a correct reading. I can't remember for sure, it's been a while since I changed one.

I've managed to fix it. It was not the thermal cut out. What I found was the shower would run for a few seconds and the low flow light would come on, on the high and medium setting. The flow valve assembly has a contact it makes on to the circuit board' and it was not connecting with enough pressure. I managed to move the circuit board a bit and retighten the screw that attaches it to the flow valve assembly and eventually got it to work. Was very fiddly, because whenever I put back on the shower cover it would move the circuit board again' and I would have the same problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back