Mira Sport Max - Fault | Stays High / Med for a few seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I had a new shower fitted, the Mira Sport Max, only about two months ago. It's been working fine until three days ago.

Everything seems as normal, red backlights on all three power settings.

When I hit High or Medium, the backlight goes green for a few seconds then turns off.

I don't know if the Low Flow light is on, there isn't a full red light, just the tiniest hint of a dark shade of red in the corner of the Low Flow light.

The question is, if it's low flow, what could've caused it to come on in the last three days?

Doing my nut in and the wife is going nuts as she's heavily pregnant and wants a shower!

Here's the picture - is that Low Flow light on or off?!

Sponsored Links
Never mind!

I took the cover off, stared at it for a bit, not having a clue what I was looking at.

I then tapped the heater tank a few times, took the showerhead pipe off at both ends, then reattached it, sucked on it to pull out some more water, refitted it and the cover, turned it back on and it works!

I am now going to go into full time Mira Sport fault fixing, at a very reasonably hourly rate of £60, whereby I will use the same superb fault finding technique.

More so, I can now tromp down stairs, master of my house and proclaim to my wife that I have resolved the issue, and demand an apology for not being able to find the receipt in case it was properly knacked.

Huzzah!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back