mira sport max with airboost 9.0 electric shower,trips all electrics when switched on ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, my mira sport max with airboost elec shower as stated tripping all our electrics when put on to use it.
it was installed by a proffessional about 7 months ago and as worked fine ever since until today?

can anyone tell me how to change the fuse and where it is on the shower? this is what the diagnosis is coming up with in the faults in the trouble shooting booklet.
gratefull of any advice,by the way the power chord is working fine
thanks john

Sponsored Links
1. It seems to me highly unlikely that a faulty (blown?) fuse would cause the fault you describe.
2. There is no fuse within the Sport Max with Airboost. There should be a Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) in line with the supply to the shower. This will either be within the main electrical consumer unit, or in a smaller consumer unit feeding only the shower. If its tripping all the electrics, it sounds as if its in the main consumer unit.
3. The shower should be protected by a Residual Current Device (RCD) or Residual Current Breaker with Over Current (RCBO), not just by an MCB. The RCD or RCBO will cut the current, generally before it kills you.
4. From the way your question is phrased it may well be that you do not have deep experience with electrics. If this is the case I suggest you get a professional in. Electric showers involve high (lethal) voltages and heavy currents.

thank you very much for your reply,i will ring a professional tomorrow,it should still be under warranty so i can try that way!
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back