Mira Sport Shower prob Hot then Cold now only lukewarm max

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

I have a pretty old Mira Sport shower which was working great until Wednesday. It went on hot as normal, then went freezing. Turned it off and back on and it now only goes lukewarm at the absolute maximum temp setting. Previously at absolute max it would have taken your skin off! It seems to be doing everything normally, it is powerful at minimum setting and then gets less powerful as I turn the temp dial, however it doesnt get hotter until almost the very end of the setting (say 4 oclock on the dial) then goes to lukewarm as you get it toward the 5-6 maximum. And it is dribbling at that point.
I took the cover off, cleaned the filter, cleaned the hose and shower head, but no difference.

Any ideas? I cant find anything online to suggest what it is. Thinking it might be time to replace?

Sponsored Links
It's poss you have a element failed.
Check the elements for resistance with a multi meter.
should be 12-18 ohms each element.

Test with mains power off.

Thanks! I kept looking at things about the TCO having gone but from what I understand that would just result in completely cold no heat in the water at all? Is that right?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back