Missing insulation in new garden summerhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently had a new summerhouse built with insulation/electrics to be used as a garden office. I noticed I was losing heat fairly quickly, so I went into nosey mode to try and see if the whole summerhouse had been insulated or not.

I drilled a few 4mm holes and used a camera on a wire to have a nosey. Most of the shed has been insulated with 100mm rockwool insulation. However I noticed a panel on the ceiling had been completely missed - which obviously isn't goign to help with the bills!

How would you approach the builder with this? I dont want to sound like ive been nosey even though I have, using a camera etc to realise it was missing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
100mm rock wool is not going to make a lot of difference to a timber structure , especially if it has lots of glazing .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back