missing lever for 5 lever mortice lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I took the above apart to try to fix it and unfortunately lost one of the levers :( I now have two levers with no 6 and one with no4 and one with no 5.
So can anyone tell me which lever I have lost and where I can obtain a replacement?
The mortice lock is WO2005/054608

Thanks for any help!

Matthew

Sponsored Links
You might like to divulge what make it is.

A photo also wouldn't hurt

Thanks for your attention
Attached are photos of boths sides of lock, one of it open and another of two keys - I have forgotten which one is the right one for the lock :oops:

I am not sure how to attach but have created an album and assume you can see the pictures from there?

Thanks again

Matthew

Sponsored Links
Well, I like a challenge but I do not think that I can help you.
I believe that the lock is a Sterling 5 lever mortice, conforming to the British Standard 3621-2004.
Sterling make locks at the more economical end of the security scale.
I do not have any levers for this lock. My best advice would be to replace it with a Chubb or Union 3G114e/67. The lock case would appear to be of similar size thus needing little work to change over.
DC
Teamlocksmiths

Thanks for your help

Yes it was a front door lock. I moved in a month ago and apparently the lock is less than a year old and used to work but was completely jammed when I tried to use it.
The local locksmith said he could fix it with the missing lever but there you are.
I appreciate getting the right size is important and wondered about this sterling lock that I found on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sterling-Hard...m&pt=UK_HaG_Lock_Safes_GL&hash=item483b370ad6
It looks very similar but maybe a sash lock is something different?

Anyway thanks again for your help

Matthew

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
a sash lock has a latch operated by a knob or lever handle, and has a taller case

go for a Union or Chubb lock, they are better.

The same range of locks, but that is a sashlock, it is a variant of your lock but with a latch and would need a handle set. Also 3in, yours is 2.5in.
You could always buy the ebay one and remove the lever set and install them in your lock. That way you have a virtually new lock with three new keys.
DC
Teamlocksmiths

That sounds like a great idea :) BUT I tried to do this before (arrange the levers) and completely screwed up. Apparently you have to arrange them in a fan position - is that right? (I just put one on top of other). Is there a set of instructions you can point to? (I guess I could look at what they look like in new lock and just copy that, just aware they might have some spring/tension mechanism that once taken out will be hard to put back...)

Thanks again

Matthew

Set of instructions.
Take the first lever off and put to the left hand side of your work area, take next second lever off and put to the right hand side of the first lever, take the third lever of and put to right hand side of the second lever. Continue till you have the five levers set out in front of you.
Take all the levers out of the lock you are now going to rebuild and place the fifth lever back in taking care to get the spring beneath the post that carries the top screw.
In your photo you have the springs above the post. You can see the marks belove the post caused by the springs resting against it.
Replace all the levers in order that they were removed. Put the top back on and test. Happy that it now works replace the screws.
Or just write down the numbers on the levers as you remove them and rebuild in the same order.
DC

I like to scribe the numbers on the levers as I take them out

If they are brass it is easy enough and will not get rubbed off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back