Mixer shower needs boost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a lovely victorian style mixer shower that has limited usage due to the hot water pressure being vastly outclassed by the cold.
Its a normal set up, with the cold tank in the loft & the hot on the same floor as the shower.
I could fit a power shower, but I'm more keen to keep the mixer as its in keeping with the house. Is there a pump that could be fitted to the hot pipe of the shower (either in the airing cupboard, or under the bath) that will boost the hot water pressure for the mixer?
Any advice would be appreciated as I'm not too sure what direction to take.
Regards,
Nigel

Sponsored Links
Doesn't sound like they're both fed from the tank in the loft - you'd better check I think. Check all valves are fully open less half a turn

Hard water area?

I'll look into whether the hot water tank is supplied from the loft.
Are there pumps you can buy to solely work on the hot water pipe? I know that its dependant upon whether their mains fed or not...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back