Bath shower mixer - perfect through tap, cold through shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I've got a cheap bath shower mixer I bought from Screwfix last year.

I fitted it with mains cold and stored gravity hot and found that it didn't mix the water very well so I changed it to gravity hot and cold.

I then fitted a whole house pump to boost the pressure but I still found that the shower temperature adjustment was far too sensitive. A little turn of cold would send the whole shower freezing.

Normally when I've used bath shower mixers you set the tempertaure through the bath tap bit and when you're happy swap over to the shower.

With this mixer there seems to be no relationship between the temperature of the water coming out of the tap and the shower mixer.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. No it's still the same, completely different temperatures.

Just to add if it helps, I get the temperature right through the taps, pull the lever and it goes cold. Push the lever back down and it runs cold for a second then gets back to the temperature it was before I pulled the lever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back