Mixer Shower Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a mixer shower installed a few months ago, its been fine for like 6 months but few weeks ago its got so you have to turn it up really hot for it even to be warm, or it will be hot then go cold, but the taps come out really hot. and now even with it on maximum its hardly warm. i tried reducing the flow on the cold intake on a isolation valve but this just drops the pressure. i also tried adjusting the temperature thing inside the mixer button but this didnt do much either. any ideas? its an altair triton thermostatic mixer, and its a combi boiler.

this is the shower
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/47639...n-Altair-Thermostatic-Bar-Mixer-Shower-System

Sponsored Links
It could be affected by scale - but your water's soft, isn't it?
If you whinge at triton they'll probably send you a new cartrifdge - worth a try.

Have to agree with ChrisR.

Is the shower over a bath? If yes, is the hot and cold water from the bath taps normal? If the H&C water to bath taps is fine, the thermostatic cartridge in the shower mixer is knackered.
To test, shut off the cold water supply to the mixer - the hot should also stop automatically. If not, the mixer is faulty.

Sponsored Links
just checked and the water doesnt stop when i turn cold totally off, it only comes out warm still! taps run red hot so it must be the mixer, so i need a new mixer cartridge then? also how do i change this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back