Mixer Shower problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed a Triton Cappella bar mixer shower over my bath, and ran the pipework to the shower off the existing supply to the bath taps, but the shower is freezing! When I check the flow from the bath taps, the pressure on the hot and cold are roughly equal, and the hot water runs hot! But try the shower, and it's freezing. So cold, there's condensation all over the shower pipes. I've got a gravity fed system - Cistern in the attic, and tank on the landing (same as the bathroom).

Anyone any ideas? Do I need to install a pressure reducing valve to the cold feed?

Sponsored Links
Is the cold on the mains or also fed from the cistern? If mains, you can try a pressure reducing valve or a pressure equalising valve, but the mismatch is too great guarantee good results.
NB pressure and flow are like volts and amps, different things

Cheers for the quick reply!

The cold is on the mains. Sorry if I'm being dull here, but which is best to use - pressure reducing valve or pressure equalising valve and what's the difference, if any?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back