mixer shower/pump problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently moved into a new property,t/static mixer shower fitted in bathroom,with seperate pump under cylinder,i have intermittent problems with poor water flow,cold is ok,but hot is sometimes fine,other times really poor,pump was noisy so i replaced that,still the same,no dirt etc in pipes,a couple of things iv discovered tho r,there is less than 1m between the bottom of the cold water tank& the top of the cylinder&the hot water connection to the shower pump has been taken from the draw off pipe,would fitting an essex flange &taking the hot connection from this,solve the prob,limited access to top of cylinder,so a warix isnt an option,or do u think the actual shower has had it?any help gratefully received

Sponsored Links
is it 22mm or 15mm feeding pump ?
does the hot supply when turned on kick the pump in everytime ?

hi there
all the shower pipework is 15mm,the pump does start,but sometimes the pressure is very poor,only once has it not started at all

i can't see how the pump is running but the pressure is poor sometimes.
unless you are drawing in air into the pump, which usally makes it quite noisey.
like you say it may need to be run from a essex flange etc.
i always try to keep away from using the house hot supply and use a seperate flange for a shower.

Sponsored Links
to be honest it sounds like air in the pump sometimes,im a gas engineer& looking at the botched up plumbing of the central heating b4 i fixed it i suspect the previous occupant has been someone not very good at DIY,think i'l try the essex flange first seee if that helps,cheers for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back