Mixer tap flexi pipe question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I’m planning to switch a leaky mixer kitchen tap. I’ve bought a tap that came with a female flexi pipe connector and the current flexi pipe connection from the tap looks like the attached image. I can’t figure out what’s going on but it looks like I need a male connector instead and might need different flexi pipes. Any advice\comments appreciated, thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1550.jpeg
    IMG_1550.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 50
Sponsored Links
You could fit an isolation valve onto the supply pipe ,and a tap tail adaptor into the isolation valve. Your new Flexi would then connect to the adaptor.
You don't have to fit an isolation valve ,but it makes sense to.

I’ve got a conventional boiler am I ok to turn off the water and running the taps to empty the pipes? There’s nothing special I have to do for the central heating \ hot water regarding turning off the water before I do this? Thanks again

Turning off your mains cold water stopcock should isolate the cold water to kitchen tap.
If you have a hot water cylinder that is fed from a loft tank ,you will need to find the isolator on the cold supply from loft tank to hot water cylinder and turn that off.
If your " conventional boiler" happens to be a combi boiler ,and you do not have a hot water cylinder,then closing the mains cold water stopcock will isolate the hot as well.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I do indeed have a cylinder in the loft.
Thanks for the help, appreciate it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back