Moving tap on flexi hoses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I\\\'ve just bought a mono-block mixer that\\\'s come with stainless flexi hoses, to fit to my stainless steel kitchen sink.

The thing is, I remember my mate doing a similar thing a while back and because he used flexi hoses, the mixer tap moved backwards and forwards with the slightest of pressure as there was no rigid pipework underneath to help keep it stable.

So my question is, can you fit copper pipes to these mixers with reduced fittings on the ends instead of using the flexi type.

Cheers

B

Sponsored Links
The mixer tap is held firmly in place by a back nut and washer under the tap hole in the sink, not by any connecting pipes ;)

gas4you said:
The mixer tap is held firmly in place by a back nut and washer under the tap hole in the sink, not by any connecting pipes ;)

But it will still flex if you have a thin sink!

BoxBasher said:
gas4you said:

But it will still flex if you have a thin sink!

It would make no difference if you have flex hoses or 15mm copper because the tap is held onto place by the back nut on the sink unit itself.

flex = easier!

Sponsored Links
Thanks folks! So its the quality of the sink that makes the diff then?

Lets hope the one Ive just bought off the net is OK then ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back