Mobile Home Laundry Room Washer Lines Hissing

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 20-year-old mobile home and just now discovered a hiss in the laundry room emanating from behind the washer. There is no water on the floor and I don't feel water coming through the pipes to or from the washer. I cut off the water using the inside valve (stopcock?) and the hissing stops. Tomorrow I will move the washer out and unscrew the panel behind it to see if there is a leak; meanwhile I will keep the water cut off.

Could this be a leak? Inside or outside?

We live in the woods; could a rat or raccoon have chewed through a pipe?

Has anyone else with a mobile home experienced this? What did you do?

(I am a 71 year old widow with no one to fix it and very little money to hire a plumber! Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated! I will probably have to jury-rig a solution.)

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a trailer rather than a mobile home....also sounds like a leak, can you see underneath the laundry room from outside (you'll probably need a torch, if the crawl space is boarded up you'll need to pull a couple of boards off, if its bricked up then see what you can see from the inside before you start knocking bricks out)
You've done all the right things so far, yes if there's space a toothy mammal could have chewed through a pipe or it may just be a connector has come loose over the years.
Be warned this is a UK site so there probably isn't a vast reservoir of knowledge of dealing with trailers in the woods with real active wildlife.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back