Modern Slavery

Sponsored Links
Is this what you mean?

Some of the most common misconceptions we hear are about our Romanian vendors. Sceptics claim that gang members fraudulently buy copies of The Big Issue and force others to sell it, driving them to and from their pitches. This is rooted in several key misunderstandings:
    • Firstly, it is not possible for anyone to fraudulently buy the magazine. Vendors must register with their nearest office (either in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, or Sheffield) before they can buy magazines. With around 250–350 vendors working at any one time, our frontline staff quickly get to know vendors by face and name.
    • Secondly, and most importantly, the vendors (usually men) mistaken for gang operatives are simply fortunate enough to come from large, loving families. To save time and money, it is common for large families in which multiple members sell The Big Issue to pool financial resources to purchase a car. One member can then use it to buy everyone’s magazines for the week and to drive their partner, siblings, parents, children, cousins, aunts or uncles who also sell the magazine to and from their pitches.

Sorry, I didn't see this.

I'm surprised they would publish such unconvincing information on their website. There is absolutely nothing here to suggest that the gypsy women I've seen aren't being forced to hand over the money, or that gangs aren't involved. And, frankly, why would I donate money to a group of people who chose to come here - against mine and probably most people's wishes - and then use this as a vehicle to make money?

Another captured organisation that has a hard time being truthful.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you just missed his opening two posts, or struggle to read. Fellow Muslim hating trans, even thanked him.

I posted a link to a news story about a group of vile people who have been convicted for enslavement, amongst other offences, your response is to accuse me of islamophobia...

You are deranged.

I posted a link to a news story about a group of vile people who have been convicted for enslavement, amongst other offences, your response is to accuse me of islamophobia...

You are deranged.
I think he gobbles slave traders.

Back