Mondeo Remote Central Locking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My remote central locking is not working, I know the key is working (ie is transmitting). Apart from taking it to a Ford dealer, anyone got any ideas.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
how old is the mondeo? it probably just needs recoding. easy. i need to know if its a 2 or 3 button remote. is it infra-red or radio? the infra-red has what looks like a light bulb sticking out of the top of the key (as well as the red led).

davieboy Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:41 am Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how old is the mondeo? it probably just needs recoding. easy. i need to know if its a 2 or 3 button remote. is it infra-red or radio? the infra-red has what looks like a light bulb sticking out of the top of the key (as well as the red led).

Its 2 button, R reg, radio, & has red led..I have reprogammed it & I know it has accepted the reprog, & I have had the key tested & it is transmitting..
BUT
if you have any sugestions I will try them.
Thanks

ok - common problem. i take it you programmed as per manual ie. ignition on-off etc press button blah etc. led flashes to confirm coding? if so you require to reset the central security module. as an ex ford sparky the official procedure is to take vehicle into workshop, connect wds2000 and reset system. 1 hours labour!! the actual procedure is as follows ( doesn't effect the security of the car- merely resets the key programming sequence so ok to post on forum - as i said, exford :LOL:
under the dashboard in the drivers footwell you will see module with 3 multiplugs into it. (you have to get into an awkward position to see it). just un-plug (ignition off!) these plugs, wait 1 min approx and plug back in. re-code remote as per manual (if you want the procedure confirmed just let me know). this works 99.999% of times, takes 2 mins or so and is how we used to do it in the workshop :LOL: anything not clear let me know. hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Davie..I was in that awkward position on Sunday, As I thought a plug might have come out so I know exactly what you mean & I will give it a go.
When you say about reconfirming I assume you meaning the on/off 4 times thingy?

Many thanks Again.

Davieboy..Thanks...remote locking working..Im happy & if Im happy So is her in doors.

Thanks again...Steve

glad to hear it worked - usually does. thanks for letting us know

davie

Back