Monitorian not recognising monitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Philips 226E monitor last week and it works very well. But....the controls are rubbish, as the settings can only be adjusted by a silly joystick-type button on the back. (Who would design a monitor that can only be adjusted from the back, I ask you?). I ordered it online and didn't read the reviews properly (lots of mentions of the joystick button) so my fault.
I downloaded Monitorian so that I can adjust some settings from there but it won't recognise the new monitor. The Win10 Settings menu will only manage the laptop, so the image on the monitor needs manual adjustment.

Sponsored Links
So why can't you preservere with the joystick control , take your time and crack on?

Settings only need to be adjusted once surely?

irrelevant abuse removed

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Philips 226E monitor last week and it works very well. But....the controls are rubbish, as the settings can only be adjusted by a silly joystick-type button on the back. (Who would design a monitor that can only be adjusted from the back, I ask you?). I ordered it online and didn't read the reviews properly (lots of mentions of the joystick button) so my fault.
I downloaded Monitorian so that I can adjust some settings from there but it won't recognise the new monitor. The Win10 Settings menu will only manage the laptop, so the image on the monitor needs manual adjustment.

I just found a solution to this and you're not going to like it.

First a bit of background - I have a laptop attached to two monitors, one connected via USB C to HDMI cord (a Philips monitor), and another via HDMI to HDMI (Lenovo). When I cold boot my laptop Monitorian (it auto starts with Windows 10) detects and allows me to change the Philips and Laptop screens but not the Lenovo.

I found if I shut down Monitorian (don't just minimise it to the system tray) and restarted it again via the start menu the Lenovo becomes available (ambiently at different settings than I last set them).

Maybe it would detect the Lenovo at a warm restart or if I changed the connection to USB to HDMI instead of HDMI to HDMI but I couldn't be bothered checking :)

Cheers!
L

Sponsored Links
Some posts have been edited. Please respect the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back