Monopitch warm roof query, trim back trusses? and fit vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a lean to roof on an extension I am building. The joists attach to the pitching plate and inside wall plate, but extend over the outside wall at the moment.

As I want to finish the outside wall, I presume I cut back the joists to finish on the inside wall, and can then finish building up the outside wall? I do not have any facia or soffet boards on my house. I also need to install some 25mm eaves ventilation to vent the roof, any pointers on how this is installed between the finished outside wall and the roof tiles ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
As the last post suggested, use a breathable membrane, preferably with a warm roof construction. If you have a flat internal ceiling which gives you a roof void then with the cold roof construction you could maybe (if it's not built up against another roof to the side) put air bricks in the gable ends? I assume that as you have suggested that you are cutting back the joists to the internal wall, then you have a parapet wall at the eaves end? If this is the case then it may be difficult to provide eaves vents. If you do intend to use eaves vents then you will need some other vents at the point where the roof meets the abutting wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back