garage suspended slab venting and garage insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning.

I am looking at making my attached garage more cofortable and with less humidity, it currently runs around 80%.

Garage is 5m x 5m, one wall is pretty mucy all taken up with a double garage door, one wall is the link to the house so I have 2 external walls at 90 Deg to each other.
Floor is a suspended conctrete floor.

Walls are single brick construction.

Roof is pitched tiled roof with open joists and vented soffets

I have vents/air bricks inside the garage at floow level, there is a ocntinuos run of bricks between the block piers with vertical vents and no vents outside of the garage.
Is this correct ? can they vent into the garage ?

If I want to batton the wall and put insulation and boarding would it be adequate to leave a void at the base and install a vented skirting ?

I want to tidy up my garage and make it more usable now we dont put the car inside so any advice is duly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
These are the bricks in question, I am assuming bottom 2 rows of bricks that are smooth on outside with no through vent.
Saying that I cannot push wire through - so are these a particular type of Brick or simply a brick cut in half ?

82F56BCB-4CF8-4B98-B15C-4F877E8003FD.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back