More crap advice

Sponsored Links
We don't have a Wetherspoons but I do go to a local pub for a meal twice a week so I'll ask the old folks there if they would use a Day Centre.
The idea of the Day Centre is that they can go there for a cup of tea and a chat for free. Where as a pub may be too expensive for some.
I'm going to a Day Centre today and see what its like. I have already got the use of a small hall in my town but I need to know more before I go ahead. Since unemployed are in the same boat, do you think they could go at the same time?

We don't have a Wetherspoons but I do go to a local pub for a meal twice a week so I'll ask the old folks there if they would use a Day Centre.
The idea of the Day Centre is that they can go there for a cup of tea and a chat for free. Where as a pub may be too expensive for some.
I'm going to a Day Centre today and see what its like. I have already got the use of a small hall in my town but I need to know more before I go ahead. Since unemployed are in the same boat, do you think they could go at the same time?

A place for folks to go that's cheap and warm would be great...but if organised by volunteers...betcha life 'Elf & Safety and insurance would poke their nose in.
The pubs have shot themselves in the foot with the price of ale now.A couple a day could well be a quarter of his entire pension.(£5x7)

I feel most sorry for Charles and Camilla, driving around with a cracked window in their limo- it must be bl**dy cold in there. I hope they can afford to get it fixed before they next go to the theatre.

Sponsored Links
The biggest problem I see with setting up a day centre for old people these days (even if manned by volunteers is, It's likely that all volunteers will have to have a CRB check. Even if they had one a few months ago for another job, they'd still have to have another one. To be honest the CRB checks are just another cash raising thing brought in by the government. Anyone who works with children, the elderly and groups , deemed at risk, have to have one. Teachers have to have one. When they apply for a job at another school or even a different post within the same school, they have to have another CRB check.

A few years ago, my ex wife who works with adults with learning disabilities had been asked if I could provide some entertainment for them for a Christmas party. I said I would bring my keyboards/guitar along and do a few hours for them. I was then told, I'd have to get a CRB check before I could do this. Beaurocracy gone mad. As if I'm going to pay £70+ to entertain people for a few hours (unpaid too)
;) ;) ;)

You don't need a CRB check if you're under supervision, i.e. accompanied by someone with a CRB check.
There's another criteria:
and is undertaking that work frequently (once a week) or intensively (4 or more occasions in one month) .If outside this criteria you don't need a CRB check.

Went into Wetherspoons in Bristol for a cheap brekkie the other day. Full English for £3, not bad, inc. tea.

Couldn't move for OAPs, winos and assorted dossers. All topping up their alcohol levels. 9 o'clock in the morning! :eek:

Went into Wetherspoons in Bristol for a cheap brekkie the other day. Full English for £3, not bad, inc. tea.

Couldn't move for OAPs, winos and assorted dossers. All topping up their alcohol levels. 9 o'clock in the morning! :eek:

and online posting on here..... :D

The unemployed do have the same facilities as daycentre. It's called doleschool. Or various training centres as they prefer being called (no training actually occurs though), that are attended compulsory, between once a fortnight, to 6 days a week, where you can catch up with fellow unemployed people, and have a brew, and get your expenses back, all paid for by the tax payer. Free newspapers too. Free food sometimes. Or working in a charity shop/groundwork on placement etc..so this idea that the unemployed are all sat at home shivering is nonsense. The days of signing on once a fortnight is long gone.

Workhouse / doleschool link:- http://www.tng.uk.com/

Sponsored Links
Back