More news from The Lebanon

johnny_t said:
For those that missed it, now that its gone, BAS posted the front cover of today's Independent, entirely unedited, in the same form as it will have appeared across hundreds of breakfast tables, or as you may have seen someone reading it on the bus.

If you want to see this graphic adult-only imagery, you will have to go to WH Smiths or somewhere else adults-only....

You may be too late. Apparently the diynot mod thought police have been removing that copy from newsagents shelves!

Sponsored Links
There will never be peace in the Middle East.

It's the age old battle of Richerd 1st v Saladin. Christian v Muslim.

It'll never change.

Israel is a milatary outpost belonging to the USA. Take a look at the weapons the Israelis are using - all American.

Israel has more than 200 nuclear warheads yet they don't belong to the nuclear 'club'. They are simply an arm of the USA military machine.

They ignore the UN completely.

They obey the US implicitly.

As far as Hisbollah goes - they are a military outpost of Iran. (Leaders of Saladin's old setup).

Take a look at their weapons - all Syrian and Iranian.

You cannot bomb South Lebanon without killing civilians - as the civilians are Hisbollah and their families and Hisbollah are the civillians.

Why does Hisbollah have so many missiles? (over 12,000 of them)
It's not for defence as they are surrounded by their allies Syria and Iran.

It could only be to attack Israel.

So the game is Iran attacks America through Hisbollah and America attacks Iran through Israel.

A good little punch-up where the real protagonists don't get hurt. It's a sort of 'war by proxy'.

Am I right? Or am I right?

i think iran is going to go up in a cloud of smoke along with syria thats what the 200 nukes are for

pickles said:
The difference between Hezbollah and the IRA is that the IRA only wanted the british out of Ireland not England as well, if they had we would all still be fighting and the things you suggest would be appropriate to what would be a total war. Hezbollah want's Israel out of Israel, so there's not much room for negotiating, hence the endlees bombs and bullets.

I think that the Israeli view is that since there is no one to persuade or reason with militarily or politically all they have is military options and no reason to moralise about civilians who get in the way. They are engaged in a war of political and ethnic extermination more akin to the Russian war with Germany in the second world war than the conflict with the IRA.

There is no such thing as a civilian in the middle east.

I'm not very clear as to what Hezbollah's real aim is. Some say that they do not want Israel out of Israel, but Israel out of the disputed territories seized by Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah

Maybe they even want the repatriation of the Palestinian people with a self-governed Palestinian homeland.

Others may well say Hezbollah's main aim is to remove Israel from the map. Unfortunately, there are serious axes to grind on many sides and we usually won't hear the truth, whatever that may be. Each side wishes to demonise the other and portray their own course of actions as the only reasonable option in the circumstances.

It appears to me that maybe Ariel Sharon, whose past is not without censure, may have taken a huge step towards a lasting peace with plans to withdraw from disputed territories unilaterally, before his untimely ill-health.

Now we appear to be going backwards with certain countries stirring the pot, as others have rightly said.

I still believe a two state solution is the way forward and ultimately this has to happen or we will continue with potentially escalating violence in the region and spread abroad.

pickles said:
What's also interesting is the silence of arab governments. There is a historic rivalry between arabs eg, Egyptians and Persians, ie the Iranians, many people in power in the arab world see this conflict as the devil fighting the devil and see an outcome in which Hezbollah loose and Israel gets a hiding in the process as the perfect outcome

I agree about the Arab governments apparent silence. With the right intentions they could play a major role in brokering a peace, as could America. Why they don't appear to be doing so is sad.

As you rightly say, there are many rivalries especially between Shi'ites and Sunnis but also many very unstable or dictatorial states don't help.

Sponsored Links
Slogger said:
your a bit of a fool bas posting dodgy photos

its one thing saying things its totally out of order showing it

grow up :rolleyes:
It wasn't a dodgy photo, it was the front page of a national newspaper.

If you don't like to see photos like that, then stop coming here saying that things like that should happen.

And a reminder to the mods:

Your removal of that photo was another example of your hypocrisy and bias, and has not gone un-noticed, and as you can see from comments I'm not the only one who thinks you were wrong to do this.

ban-all-sheds said:
Slogger said:

If you don't like to see photos like that, then stop coming here saying that things like that should happen.

Your removal of that photo was another example of your hypocrisy and bias, and has not gone un-noticed, and as you can see from comments I'm not the only one who thinks you were wrong to do this.

MOD 12

what have i told you about different coloured writing :LOL:

get it :eek:

ban-all-sheds said:
Slogger said:

What makes you think you post whatever you like?

Sponsored Links
Back