Motion Sensor to Inside Light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

First of all forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place but I'm after some advice from an electrical whizz, regarding home security...

I've just bought my first house which I'm moving into shortly. However, the area that the house is in, appears to have a reasonably high crime rate (namely burglaries). Unfortunately for me, I've also bought a brand new car which will stick out like a saw thumb on the development, so I'm completely paranoid about being burgled. As such, I'm having a burglar alarm put in, 2 CCTV cameras installed and a few other nifty gadgets to help deter anyone after the keys to my car.

I was just wondering though if anyone could help me set up the following as well:

I'm after an external motion sensor that I can place on the exterior walls of my house, that will send a singal to a lamp or light inside one of the bedrooms resulting in an internal light switching on for a few minutes. Something like this: http://www.smarthome.com/sc-how-to-outsmart-a-burglar
The idea behind it is to make anyone snooping around the house believe that there is some kind of movement happening inside.

Would anyone be able to recommend some parts/pieces that I would need to make this work? The link above is for an American product. I'm looking for a UK equivalent, as cheap as possible. Preferably wireless to avoid drilling and complicated wiring.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks in advance

Pilotpenguin

Sponsored Links
The link only goes to the home page so cannot see the product you are looking at.
Anyway, I would assume wall mount PIR sensors connected to an internal lamp will do.

Sponsored Links
I did a search of "Remote PIR" and "wirefree PIR".

I think that this is what you are looking for:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Produc...=adwords&kw=&gclid=CNbg8N31_MQCFe_JtAodnWkAfQ

Put the PIR outside, and the switch box inside.

I would put a fusedplug&cable on the input to the box, and an cable&socket on the output from the box, so that I can plug the box into the wall and plug the selected lights into it when needed.

ALSO:
Get friendly with the neighbours asap as they are best people to look out for your house (give them your mobile number).
Don't leave keys to house and car in back of door or in hall, or they will go fishing through the letterbox.

SFK

Back