Motorised stop cock opinions sought.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says, I’m looking for your opinions/experiences on motorised stopcocks.
As with most other people in the country, my stopcock is inaccessible and as I have to shut it off regularly, I would like to make it less of a chore.
There’s a lot of information about Surestop but I’d like to know what other brands there are, which one is the most reliable, etc.
What are the pros and cons?

Sponsored Links
Only ever used surestop. They’re not motorised btw they use pneumatics/hydraulics.
They do the job.

Thanks for your reply.
In that case, it must be hydraulic.
Anybody got any other experiences?
Is that the only one on the market, are there electric ones, if there are, how do they compare?
I just want to weigh up the options.

Sponsored Links
SureStop are good, I've fitted quite a few an customers are always happy. The issue with electric ones is that they have to fail to off, so in the event of a powercut you also end up with no water until power is restored

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back