Mould resistant paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Some of the walls in my flat (which face North) really suffer from mould. The paint is ruined, and has to be scrubbed regularly with dettol or bleach to get rid of the horrible, smelly black mould that appears.

I'm going to redecorate these walls, and am looking at using Ronseal Anti-Mould Paint http://www.ronseal.co.uk/products/anti-mould-paint as a deterrent. Two questions about this stuff:

1) Once I've used this, do I use any usual emulsion paint as a finish?

2) What preparation must I do to the existing paintwork before applying the anti-mould coating? Does it need stripping, or just cleaning up?

Many thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Why? To be honest I have no idea why it happens, other than the usual reasons of heating on, lack of ventilation... but even if we do something about it, the wall still needs decorating. So answers would be appreciated :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back