Mountfield Mower 827H Battery/charging/Starting Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a New Mountfield 827H Sit on Lawn Mower. All worked on demonstration at delivery. Used for about 10 minuted, Stopped to empty Grass Collector, Restarted OK a couple of times, then refused to start with only the Solenoid pulling when trying to restart. Indicated the Battery was low on charge. Recharged overnight and still refused to start with only the Solenoid pulling in. Contacted the retailer who came out to inspect and test, They concluded the Starter Motor required replacement (Yes a Brand New Machine straight from the showroom).
The question I have is :- How many Mower starts would be expected reasonable from a fully charged battery, I would suggest well over 20, but is this expectation unreasonable?.
Whilst waiting for the new starter motor to be delivered, I fully charged the battery and tested the start procedure quite a few times to make sure it would only pull in the solenoid, which is exactly what happened, but after a few attempts to start which would have very little drain on the battery, I decided to recharge the battery so as it was fully charged when the guy came to replace the starter motor, What I noticed was that the battery was taking a long time to recharge considering it had very little load from it which was a few attempts to start with only the solenoid pulling in. This worries me as it suggests that there is a drain on the battery which I can't identify.
Has anyone got any useful suggestions as to the source of my concerns, or am I being unnecessarily worried.

Sponsored Links
Back