Mounting a Blanco undermount sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have purchased a Supra 500 undermount sink. My Quartz worktop will be going on top of this but the worktop manufacturer has asked that the sink be mounted first and he can then cut the sink out accordingly.

Question - can someone please advise on how I should mount the sink? I have seen this online but was wondering on the type and size of timber I should use and also, how I should fix this to the Units? Do I screw in or use some sort of brackets to fix the timber battens to the unit, etc.

Any tips would be very welcome.

Attachments

• mounting.png
    mounting.png
    1 MB · Views: 281
Sponsored Links
I had a look on the Blanco website, and there's no instructions whatsoever, just more blurb, so I sent them a stroppy email.

You can use timbers to support the sink and brink it up to the height of the worktop, and then use silicone sealant one the worktop goes on, or you can drop it down fractionally, and use sealing tape. There are cable strap kits available (but I can't seem to find any links tonight, that will support the sink, and then let you tighten it up to the required height. If you install the sink first and set up the plumbing and the outlet, then it's where you want it to be, rather than let the worktop fitters dictate it's location. Just keep in mind any tap holes that have to go in, and their position in relation to any back rails on the carcase.

You can screw a support piece to the sides of the carcase, but the cross members may cause problems accessing the waste etc, so although I can't find any links for proper cable kits for you, I'd suggest going in that direction, hopefully someone else can post you the links.

No, that's the point I was trying to make. You could very likely use 3x2's as even a sink full of water and crockery isn't going to weigh a lot, but the wood will get in the way. A cable fixing kit will keep the area tidy, and allow you to get at the sink waste etc.

Sponsored Links
I don't understand how the timber would get in the way of waste, etc. The side ledge of the sink (at the upper height of the sink) would sit on the timber. The waste is much lower and therefore accessible

Ahh, I can see how you're trying to do it now. Most timber supports for undermount sinks tends to go under the sink itself, not the lip. You'd use 3x2 or even 4x1 to create a frame to drop the sink in to, using the 3" or 4" vertically. Go side to side on the carcase first, and then front to back to enclose the sink into an H frame. You'll want some angle brackets to keep wood upright on the carcase, but maybe also a piece of 2x1 on the sides of the carcase to support the upright pieces.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back