Mounting wall cabinets.......again!!!

rcs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Have searched and read but can't find a satisfactory answer on what the best way to secure kitchen wall cabinets is.
I have Ikea cabinets that have 2 angles per cabinet with a serrated mounting plate that allows for adjustment. Each plate is secured with 2 1/4" stubby chipboard screws. I personally don't think they are sufficient to support the amount of rubbish that will eventually get crammed in there, but short of sitting the cabinets on a baton, what else could I do?
The cabinets are going onto a drylined brick wall so that's not really a problem as I could use long frame bolts.
Thanks for any help.
rcs

Sponsored Links
100mm x 5.0 with brown rawl lugs will do it. I always use 100's on dry-lining, can't go wrong, just don't pull them up too tight or your board will pull in and throw the cab right out of plumb.

100x5.0, so that's a no. 10? Would just 2 of them per cabinet suffice?
Thanks for the reply.
rcs

yep. Two per cab will be fine. You may find the bottom of some of the cabs bounce if your wall is out, in which case pop another one through the back roughly in the centre of the cab to stop this. I usually put mine behind the bottom shelf so it's not visible.

Also 2 x 30mm x 3.5 to fix a wall cab to the one next to it, I use Reisser R2s as you can put them close to the front of the cab without any danger of breaking out. I place mine where the hinge plates are going to go, so again they're hidden from view when the job's done.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back