Moving a boiler and efficiency regulations

Thanks for that advice.... I was beginning to feel quite guilty there, asking a question causing so much unrest!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that advice.... I was beginning to feel quite guilty there, asking a question causing so much unrest!

Namsag is an old fool who claims to know everything and lives in a dreamworld where he is a King of all things heating, where the truth is he is a very small one man band of no real significance. I wouldn't worry as he could argue with himself given the chance. :LOL:

This will involve moving his current oil-fired boiler.

Depends on:-
How old is boiler
Is the boiler in good condition
Are spares easily available, especially a new flue kit. (if flue is cemented in then doubt it will be reusable)
A reputable OFTEC installer would advice you which is the best way forward.

Will he have to conform to todays regulations regards the efficiency of boilers [ he doesn't currently have a condensing boiler ] as it's a move and not new installation?

Older oil boilers that are commisioned and serviced correctly may not fall short of 90% efficiency.
The minimum rise in efficiency does not justify the £400-£500 manufactures added to price of condensing oil boilers

Dangermouse but at least i know what band oil boiler would meet the reg you on the other half are a daft wee boy.
Who doesnt even know yet half of what i have forgot about this job. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Dangermouse but at least i know what band oil boiler would meet the reg you on the other half are a daft wee boy.
Who doesnt even know yet half of what i have forgot about this job. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have you forgotten so much as you have dementia in your old age? You are full of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back