Moving a light fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The light fitting in my room seems to be far from the middle. Infact, it's about 20 inch from the side of the wall for some reason. How would I go about moving it and patching it up? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Depend which floor, ground floor, lift a floorboard above and move wiring over, first floor access the loft and do same, glue or screw a patch of plasterboard or sheet timber over hole and fill , sand and dec. If you don't have access from above you could open up a small hole at new location and fish a cable over to the old position.

Depend which floor, ground floor, lift a floorboard above and move wiring over, first floor access the loft and do same, glue or screw a patch of plasterboard or sheet timber over hole and fill , sand and dec. If you don't have access from above you could open up a small hole at new location and fish a cable over to the old position.

Our loft is horrible, it doesn't have any walkways or anything. Shall I fish it then? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Most are, you can fish it but easier from above and use a plank to span joists so you don't fall thru.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back